Friday, February 15, 2008

St. Valentine's Day Update!

Howdy, Howdy, Howdy! Long time, no blog!

I know it's been almost two months, but the computer with the pictures on it is in the basement and it is SO COLD down here!!! It's Friday night, and everyone else is asleep, so I thought I would add some pictures and a quick update of the last two months.

The big news is that Jaeden, who we knew was bright but didn't realize quite how bright, is skipping ahead to the second grade starting February 25th. Last summer he started reading, and we haven't really gotten him to stop since. We got him tested for reading, and he was reading at a fifth grade level. So, we started thinking about "whole grade acceleration" (I love the technical term!). We had him tested on a few things, and low and behold the kid is a genius! He did really well on Math (Wendi was so proud when she heard his score would have been the 9th highest in the second grade already!). He also tested at "Superior" on a test meant to test his ability to think about new things. So, in order to keep her scrapbooks of each of the kids first days of school going, we will be taking Jaeden outside on the 25th and make him stand in front of the front door in shorts for his "First Day of School" picture. Well, maybe not the shorts... He's also been involved in a soccer tournament in Iowa City and is playing on a basketball team and is signed up for flag football next month, proving there is much more to him then his brains!

Annika has put her soccer stardom on hold for now to pursue a career in ballet. She absolutely loves it. I'll include a picture of her in her outfit. She is SO CUTE!!! She is also working very hard on learning to read. She can read all sorts of words on sight, now, and loves to walk around the house saying, "J.E.D., that spells Jed!", which of course it does! Thank goodness my name isn't Philipausianius (Thanks mom and dad for that one!). Thanks to the new Disney show Ne Hau Kailan, she can also count to three in Chinese, as well as in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and English. Yes, she is smarter then me!

Hannah continues to be the nicest, sweetest, most wonderful girl in the world. She has actually started to get up with the Twins on weekend mornings so her lazy parents can sleep in. She got her ITBS scores back, and scored almost entirely in the 99th percentile, proving that she is also a genius. Well, a super genius, really. We have been trying our hardest to get Hannah into guitar lessons, without luck, but we know we need to as she is already an expert at Guitar Hero. She can rock hard core with the best of them!

Wendi started her new job as a college professor. She is teaching a math course Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and from what I hear from her boss (who happens to be my boss as well!) she is doing really well. She's been working out and eating better and not only has lost about 25 pounds but has moved down some amount of sizes (I've never pretended to understand women's sizes - I think maybe she has moved down 6 sizes already?!) She's also realized that she is even more madly in love with her perfect husband then ever before. Isn't she great!

Jed is, as always, too busy doing too many things because he's never really learned how to say no to anything. I spent part of today recording some lectures for my Tuesday night class, which due to weather was cancelled three weeks in a row, meaning my class had actually met once in the first month of class. I too have been exercising and eating better, and have now lost about 45 pounds, going down 4 sizes. I can now wear all the clothes I bought last time I lost weight when Annika was born, and when I lose about 15 more pounds I'll weigh what I weighed back then. People are starting to notice, which just makes me want to work harder. It's nice, though! I spend most of my free time planning Wendi and mine trip to Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, and now Fiji as well. Well, that is between times going out to shovel. I swear it is the only thing that has gotten me through this white winter. We can't wait - it is going to be so wonderful!

And of course, the people running the family, Liam and Logan, are also doing very well. They are starting to use words and signs (they can both sign drink and more and eat), and the best thing is when we say night night they run to the stairs, crawl upstairs, then walk right to their beds. Of course, every night we do this and every night they are completely amazed when we then put them in their cribs. It is quite funny. Tonight I downloaded from ITunes some of our favorite songs from Guitar Hero (Like When You Were Young, My Name is Jonas, and Ruby) and we rocked out in the living room. The twins were the best dancers of the group. Liam really loves to dance! They are really starting to get their personalities now, and it is so much fun to spend time with them. It's been a long year and a half, but things really are starting to get much better! Most mornings they sleep now until at least seven. Enough said :)

Well, that is our life in a nutshell. Sorry it has taken so long to get this put together, but as I said, it is cold down here! My goal is to put up a short blog every weekend and add a few pictures, so if you want to look here every Sunday night or early in the week, there should be something here most weeks. Thanks for your patience. Have a safe, warm, and wonderful weekend!
jed...

No comments: