Hello, everyone! Long time, no blog!!! The last few weeks we've had a lot of fun at Kirkwood. There was the freedom fest parade at Kirkwood, where we got to ride in a car along the parade route on Memorial Day, and then we just had the company picnic, labeled the Pig Out, where there were games, rides, an egg toss (which Annika and i did AWESOME!!!) and a hayride that was super fun. So, here are some pictures of our good times at Kirkwood!
This is us on the Hayride. Can anyone say, "Christmas Picture?" Other then the egg toss, and we didn't get any pictures of Annika nearly decapitating me with her 96 mph pitch right at me, this is the highlight of our Pig Out Experience. We love hayrides!

Annika, Jaeden and Hannah looking great on the Hayride! It is almost as if they come from a long line of farmers on their mother's side or something...

Liam and Logan eating supper at the Pig Out. Can you tell how nutritiuosly we feed them? Cookies for supper, everyone! At least we got them Apple Juice, which of course is all corn syrup. But corn is good for you, isn't it? Oh well, at least we had a good time!

Hannah made it all the way up to the top of the wall. She's been trying to make it to the top for five years now, and finally did. We were very, very, very proud of her perseverience.

Jaeden gave it the old college try, but his legs and arms are still a bit too short to make it up the wall. He has big plans for next year though, so look out world, here he comes!

This is Annika getting a tattoo from a clown. It's enough to make any parent proud!!! She got Tinkerbell with Pixie Dust. She is a princess down to the core!

The highlight of the evening for the twins was getting to jump in the bouncy, jumpy thingee (excuse my not knowing what it is actually called). Of course they threw a fit when we dragged them, kicking and screaming, out of their happy place and had a complete and total melt-down. But for three minutes, we felt like good parents...

The spoils of a good Pig Out - Tattoos and Balloon Animals. Hannah, the animal lover, got a Parrott on her shoulder for her ballon and a tattoo of a monkey. Jaeden, the sports lover, got a baseball bat for a balloon and a cyclone for his tattoo (go clones!!!). Annika, the princess, got a pink rose for her balloon and a tattoo of Tinkerbell. I did not get a balloon, but if you look at the picture below I did get a tattoo of a Tiki Warrior. I think that says it all, doesn't it?


This is us at the parade. We got to ride the whole way (Hannah walked part of the way - just enough to get in the picture so she looks like she is working harder then us but we know the really hard work is in the waving!). It was just over at Kirkwood, so it was really close and we saw a lot of our friends. Yeah Parades!!!

Grandma Cheryl came with us to watch the Parade and watch the twins as well (we love grandmas!). This was after the parade while we waited forever to ride a fake train that drove around Kirkwood. The next pictures show us on the train with the twins, and the older kids in the caboose. We waited forever in the sun (I got a sunburn, of course), and the twins through a huge fit the whole time, but then the ride started and they loved it and then they threw a huge fit afterwards. Again, we were wonderful parents, but this time for four minutes!!!



After we got done with the ride, they announced that Kirkwood had won the award for the 2nd best decorated car in the parade. I was the only one there to accept the award, so I went on stage and got the award. I said, "You like me, you really like me!" The kids, of course, now think that all I do at work is ride on hayrides and eat cotton candy and get balloons made up into animal shapes and ride in parades and win trophies. But, I guess, maybe that is all I do!

I hope you enjoyed this post. I'll do my best to go back and get caught up on the last five months I missed (in my defense, anyone who blogs can tell you it is a lot more work then it looks like!) and keep you going on what we are doing now. Cheers!
jed...
2 comments:
Jed,
I am so happy, new news. I won't have to stalk you at church anymore and REMIND you to update your blog for a while. Looks like you all had a great time. We will have to check it out next year.
Oh my gosh... I can hardly believe it! I gave up looking at your blog and for some reason decided to check it out and low and behold... new pics!! You actually made Kirkwood look like fun! Pretty impressive. Hey, I want to check out your shutterfly books sometime too.
Post a Comment